This article explains how to download and install Firefox on Windows using a simplified online installer. (If you need a full, offline installer or custom options, see For advanced users, below.)
Jun 22, 2021 Download Mozilla Firefox 64 (64-bit) for Windows PC. 100% Safe and Secure Free Download 64-bit Latest Version 2021. Browsers, Internet.
- How to Download Mozilla Firefox. Click on the DOWNLOAD button to visit the official Mozilla Firefox download page. Click the DOWNLOAD NOW button to download an official version of Firefox. The file will download, click on it and it will begin the installation process.
- Hi, friends welcome back to my channel in this video I am going to show you how to download and install Mozilla Firefox. Let's move forward open Google Chrom.
- To update Firefox from a previous version, see Update Firefox to the latest release.
Before installing Firefox, see the Firefox System Requirements to make sure that your computer has the required operating system and recommended hardware.
Do not install Firefox using a limited Windows XP account. For more information, see Microsoft's support article How to determine your user account type in Windows.
- Visit this Firefox download page in any browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge.
- Click the button. The Firefox Installer that downloads will automatically offer you the best available version of Firefox for your computer.
- If you use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer, a notification bar will appear at the bottom of the page with an option to open or run the Firefox Installer file.
- Click Open file on Microsoft Edge or on Internet Explorer, to start the process.
- In other browsers, you may need to first save the Firefox installer to your computer, then open the file you downloaded.
Note: If you see an Open File - Security Warning dialog, click or .
- The User Account Control dialog may open, to ask you to allow the Firefox Installer to make changes to your computer. If this dialog appears, click to start the installation.
- Wait for Firefox to finish installing.
- When the installation is complete, Firefox will open.
Double-click the Firefox icon that was placed on the desktop whenever you want to go online.
Install Mozilla Firefox Windows 10
Here are some articles that can help you:
If you need more help, you can always get community support.
The streamlined Firefox Installer installs a suitable Firefox version for your language and operating system. For example, on 64-bit Windows, it installs the 64-bit version of Firefox (details here). To install Firefox in another language or operating system, or if you need a full, offline installer with custom options, download the Firefox Setup file from this download page. Options available in the full, offline installer are described in the article, Custom installation of Firefox on Windows.
Users on 64-bit Windows who download Firefox can get our 64-bit version by default. That means you get a more secure version of Firefox, one that also crashes a whole lot less. How much less? In our tests so far, 64-bit Firefox reduced crashes by 39% on machines with 4GB of RAM or more.
What’s the difference between 32-bit and 64-bit?
Here’s the key thing to know: 64-bit applications can access more memory and are less likely to crash than 32-bit applications. Also, with the jump from 32 to 64 bits, a security feature called Address Space Layout Randomization (ASLR) works better to protect you from attackers. Linux and macOS users, fret not, you already enjoy a Firefox that’s optimized for 64-bit.
How do you get 64-bit Firefox?
If you’re running 64-bit Windows (here’s how to check), your Firefox may already be 64-bit. Check your Firefox version (in the “About Firefox” window) and look for “(32-bit)” or “(64-bit)” after the version number:
- If you see “(32-bit)” and you are running Firefox 56.0 or older, updating to the latest Firefox version should automatically upgrade you to 64-bit.
- If you see “(32-bit)” and are running Firefox 56.0.1 or newer, then your computer may not meet the minimum memory requirement for 64-bit (3 GB RAM or more). You can still manually install 64-bit Firefox, if you choose.